Method 1: Use TP-Link Tether Application to Setup Your Range Extender
- The foremost step for TP Link Extender Setup is to install the Tether application. Launch either “Play Store” or “App Store” depending upon your mobile device i.e Android or iOS.
- Look for the TP-Link Tether application by typing it in the search bar. Once the application is displayed on your mobile screen, select it and then tap “Install”.
- Tap Open. Following this, you have to create a TP-Link ID by tapping on the “Sign UP” option. In the first place, input an authentic email address that you want to link with the TP-Link Tether application.
- The next step involves generating a password. You can include between 6-32 alphanumeric characters in your password.
- Within the email, select the “Click to Finish Registration” tab and the Activation Succeeded window will come into view. Now, go to the application and tap on the “Activate & Login” tab.
- Now, plug your extender into the wall outlet near to your router. Doing so, the LED lights of your extender will start flickering.
- Once the LED lights are stable, pair your mobile device with your Extender. To do so, open “Settings”, then select the “Wireless & Networks” option and enable the Wifi toggle button. Select the Default TP-Link Extender name which you can easily find on the back of your extender.
- Continuing with this, open the Tether app and tap on the “Plus” icon given at the top-right corner of the main interface. With this, your Extender Model Name will be shown to you. Select it.
- Thereafter, set a difficult admin password and tap “Create” and the application will start scanning for the host network. Then, it will display a list of routers, make a selection for your specific router. Specify your network password into its allocated field and then tap “Next” for TP Link Extender Setup.
- The confirmation window will be presented on your screen. Verify your Network Name and Password and tap “Next”. A new window will pop-up on your screen where you can change your Extender name. Hence, set a new name and tap “Apply”. Now, reconnect to your Extender’s network by pressing “Connect”.
- A pop-up box will get displayed, tap “Join” for completing TP Link Extender Setup. When connected, you will automatically be logged into the Tether application.
Method 2: Perform TP Link Extender Setup Using WPS Push Button
It is to be noted that TP-Link Extender and router must be enabled with a WPS Push button to set up your extender with this method. Thus, for TP Link Extender Setup, pursue the steps that are quoted below:
- In the initial stage, plug your extender into a power source that must be near to your router.
- On your router, press the WPS Push button and make sure that WPS LED flickers.
- To build a strong connection among your router and extender, locate and press the WPS push button on your extender.
- The wireless LED light on your extender will start blinking indicating that the connection has been successfully established.
Method 3: Setup Your Extender Through Web-Based Setup Page
- To commence TP Link Extender Setup, power on your extender by plugging it into the electrical outlet. From the Wifi list, select the default name of your extender i.e TP-LINK_Extender.
- Now, visit tplinkrepeater.net by running a web browser. Generate a password for signing into your range extender, confirm the password, and click Start.
- A new window containing a list of nearby routers will turn up on your screen. Select your specific router, input its password, and press “Next”.
- You will get to see the “Review the Settings” pop-up box on your screen, click Confirm. Continuing with this, set a name for your extended network name and then click Next.
- Once the settings that you have changed are successfully applied, click “Done”.
- Now, pair your PC with the new extended network name, provide its password and click Join. Finally, click Finish. This concludes the TP Link Extender Setup process.